All Hallows and St John's have a joint Mothers' Union group that meet monthly - on the 3rd Wednesday evening of each month at 7.30pm and normally in St John's Old School Hall, Hurst Green. You may be surprised to learn that you don't have to be a mother - or even a woman - to join. Men and women be they single, married, parents, grandparents or childless are welcomed.
The Mothers' Union is an international Christian membership charity that aims to demonstrate the Christian faith in a action through the transformation of communities worldwide. it is firmly rooted in a voluntary ethos centred on mutual respect and collaboration.
They work with people of all faiths and none, on 83 country to promote stable marriage and the protection of children through praying , enabling and campaigning.
The aims and objectives of the Mothers' Union are:
- To promote and support married life
- To encourage parents in their role to develop the faith of their children
- To maintain a worldwide fellowship of Christians united in prayer, worship and service
- To promote conditions in society favourable to stable family life and the protection of children
- to help those whose family life has met with adversity